Thursday, September 23, 2010

dorian,

we be-
came,
ultimately, prisoners of pleasure,
our desires nourished by the tick of clocks,
our habits defined by repetition:
acts of selfish and selfless abandon

we delighted our-
selves with many things:
the blind dark,
the risk of a library corner at midnight,
a bowl of cereal in the morning,
slivers of cold mango at noon,
going home to each other's strange and familiar skins at dusk

we be-
came content with our beauty, our youth
the envy of the old and regretful
the jealousy of the young but plain

we be-
came aware that we are wise beyond our years,
but at the moment, we can be
both happy and lonely,
alone and together.

we fell
in love.

8 comments:

LoF said...

where did the like button go?

bulitas said...

:)
made me smile.

i love how you prsent the imagery and built the story.

kudos to this.

beautiful!

wanderingcommuter said...

fell in love with your words... again!

<*period*> said...

salamat sa pagdaan sa aking site..ngayon ko lang nabuksan yung stats...ingat

Cio said...

Victor,

I can relate though I'm not exactly inlove.

:)

Cio

Yj said...

aaaaaaaay Viktor....

Teacher C. said...

this blog reminds me of myself :)

maayo ang imong mga balak bay.

Anonymous said...

I admire the writer a lot, but there are simply too many cliches in this... I hesitate to call it a poem... to take it seriously.

I'm also on Wordpress!